The Sapiens and Homo Deus by Yuval Noah - Book review




The sapiens is such a phenomenal book. It's a book of knowledge to be short and precise. I felt like I was going back to school unlearning and relearning. In 465 odd pages the author gives you the entire history of men with valuable insights, thought provoking ideas and revelations about the future that are chilling yet optimistic. It's like reading a historical fiction that slowly transitioned to a science fiction towards the end. Absolutely loved it. ⁣⁣⁣One of the best books I've ever read.

"What will happen to society, politics and daily life when non-conscious but highly intelligent algorithms know us better than we know ourselves?"⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣
With that line I finished Homo Deus and suddenly I don't trust the future anymore. I think, given a choice, I would rather be a hunter-gatherer, but a sentient being, fuelled with blood chasing a wild boar and filled with consciousness connecting to the spiritual world, then live in a world of cyborgs and non-conscious intelligent beings run by algorithms, which according to Yuval Harari is the inevitable future of humankind - the end of humanism and the rise of elite superhumans. ⁣⁣⁣

The Homo Deus is such an exceptional book. I don't think I've read a non-fiction book with such vigor and enthusiasm. Its a non-fiction book that will give you the experience of reading an epic sci-fi book. It's an absolute page turner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Obstacle is the way by Ryan Holiday - book review

Book Review | Part 2 | The Year Of Less by Cait Flanders

My name is red by Organ Pamuk - Book review