To kill a mockingbird by Harper Lee - book review



Some books continue to exist and stay relevant irrespective of time. To kill a mockingbird is one such book and as long as discrimination and inequality exist, this book will stand the test of time.⁣

I personally loved the book. Loved the mundanity and simplicity of the story set in the countryside of Alabama in the 1930s. The story is told from a six year old white girl's perspective about the prejudices and racism during the great depression in America which were deeply rooted in the society (even today I think). I liked that the author addressed such a sensitive topic without being preachy and assertive. I think "show, don't tell" approach has been successfully executed here, and having a child narrator was an excellent choice to fulfill that element. Because you cannot fully trust and depend on the child's observations, the readers are given the freedom of interpretation. I love such narration. We become responsible readers here๐Ÿ˜€⁣

Besides there are many morals and values to learn from the book. I think it's a very essential book for everyone. ⁣

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5F4fBCHGOa/?igshid=13nb4cb4wsbkf

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Obstacle is the way by Ryan Holiday - book review

Book Review | Part 2 | The Year Of Less by Cait Flanders

My name is red by Organ Pamuk - Book review